Oops. I’m realizing now that 2011 is almost over, I have a lot of pics I wanted to share but haven’t yet worked on.
This past July Benny came down to visit me since we were too busy to visit T.O.
I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to entertain him due to my work. Well, we gave him a bike he entertained himself! He biked everywhere (I didn’t realize Vancouver was so bike-able) and learned downtown history, picked out favourite coffee shops, jammed on the guitar and … he COOKED for US. He’s so awesome ❤
I got to really enjoy Vancouver in a new and more active way. I had so much fun. Thanks Benny!
Some key moments for you to remember:
- Got me to run from Urban Fare to English Bay Aqua Bus (I can’t believe I did it)
- Biked on Granville Bridge – won’t ever do that ever again!
- Thomas Haas – the pear gallette has usurped the butter croissant
- You biked all through North and West Van, Point Grey, and all downtown Vancouver, Richmond Dyke to Steveston
- Guu, Samba, Twisted Fork, Pajo’s
- The never ending skewers done in 3 flavours (greek, soy, fish sauce)
- Figuring out ‘The Cave’ on guitar and playing it with the new amp
- Mink’s frozen chocolate drinks
- Your first Dutch Baby (it’s a cross between a pancake and yorkshire pudding)
- Scott’s evil bike that scratched everyone who tried to ride it
- Siegel’s bagels, Ivy’s chocolate donuts, gelato
- Row-boating in False Creek